Tuesday, November 25, 2008

PRO Black Friday



So, after reading many articles and blogs on Black Friday today, I have decided to take a stand and say that the Stopnik Family is... PRO Black Friday! Here are our reasons...

1) We are a family of 5 living on a one income budget and this "one and only day" of the year has in the past allowed us to buy that video camera that we have always wanted to record our kid's births, birthdays and first Christmas' when we would have not be able to afford it. We got that $800 video camera for $500, a fraction of the cost any other day of the year.
2) I can stock up on clothing items for $.97 each at Children's Place, Carter's, Osh Kosh, Old Navy, etc... for our three rapidly growing (or should I say out growing) kids. I couldn't even make my own clothing for that price.
3) And my final reason is... any place that is not a retail store is empty. So, go out to dinner with your family and enjoy one another.

We are so BLESSED to live in America! That we even disagree on whether or not we should shop for that flat screen television on Black Friday or not makes people in other parts of the world green with envy.

I am all for living within your means; I wish I had a laptop, a wii, an iPod and a nice pair of knee high boots, but I just can't afford it. So, I say to you, shop for what you need or have saved up for on Black Friday. Score some great deals on clothing for next summer, bathing suits, pajamas and winter coats (they out grow them every year) and your kids will thank you for it when you have saved enough extra money so you can go to Disneyland for Christmas! We are so there! I will post pictures! God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. We need to stimulate this economy anyway! My family has gotten so many great deals on Black Friday. It is a perfect time to get great deals on everything. We usually use it as a time to get something we wouldn't normally be able to buy during the year as a present to ourselves. Everybody should enjoy these great offers from stores. I believe in what makes you happy. If buying something at a reasonable and affordable price makes you happy, then do it. Especially if you are like most families who live on a budget year round. Long live Black Friday!

Unknown said...

Since the only thing really being boycotted lately has been my posts on 'other' blog sites... so I'll post my exact response to black friday boycotting here... because I know it won't be censored...

"This whole idea of boycotting Black Friday sounds absolutely retarded... By not buying something you wanted or needed on "black friday" just to boycott consumerism, makes absolutely no sense. How are you boycotting consumerism? The only thing you are boycotting is capitalism... because you are going out of your way to not purchase something at a cheaper price than you would normally purchase it at... The idea of saying, "boy, I need a new DVD player... Im going to get one... but not on black friday! No no no... I don't want to save money... I want to get it on rip-off Saturday... just so I can say I boycotted consumerism!" Wow...that makes a whole lot of sense!

So what do you get by boycotting consumerism anyway? Do you get a little trophy? Do you get some sort of Anti-Capitalist stamp of approval, signed by Obama himself? I'm so confused on why you would go to so much work to say your boycotting anything?? Maybe its your wallet boycotting the spending of money?! I bet thats it... like when a fat girl says she hates skinny people cause it looks unhealthy... I bet you are just boycotting "consumerism" cause you can't be a consumer....

Hmmmm... I think I'll get myself 2 Dvd players this year... to make up for your boycott!"